Dear Santiago Hills Families,
Since March, we’ve been looking forward to welcoming students back to our campus and classrooms for in-person instruction. As recently communicated by the District, in-person instruction will begin September 24-25, for those who selected in-person academic models (Traditional and Hybrid) assuming the county’s COVID-19 rates continue to trend in a positive direction.
· Thursday, September 24: First day of school on campus for Kindergarten, Traditional classes, and Hybrid Cohort A (Mondays and Thursday) students. Hybrid Cohort B continues with online learning for the day.
· Friday, September 25: First day of school on campus for students in Hybrid Cohort B.
September 21-22 are Districtwide Non-Student Days
To support the transition from online to in-person instruction, the District has moved two staff development days from October 12 and February 12 to take place on September 21 and 22, which will now be non-student days for all IUSD students.
The transition schedule for in-person instruction is as follows:
· Monday, September 21: Staff Development Day/Non-Student Day
· Tuesday, September 22: Staff Development Day/Non-Student Day
· Wednesday, September 23: Distance Learning Day
· Thursday, September 24: First day of in-person instruction per regular schedule (K, Traditional, and Hybrid* Cohort A (Monday and Thursday)
· Friday, September 25: Second day of in-person instruction per regular schedule and first day for Hybrid* Cohort B (Tuesday and Friday)
· October 12 and February 12 will be restored as instructional days.
*If your child is enrolled in the Hybrid instructional model for the year and you do not know which cohort they are assigned to, you can check on Parent Portal. Log in and select "Demographics" under the "Student Info Tab". Scroll down and you will see “Cohort” with either an A (Monday and Thursday on campus) or B (Tuesday and Friday on campus). Those are the days your child comes to campus and the other days are done completely online.
I will provide additional information on planning for your first day on campus and additional health information related to our safety measures and protocols. Stay tuned and stay safe!
Dr. Michele Ogden
Proud Principal of Santiago Hills