The School Site Council is a school based decision making organization whose central focus is supporting the best decisions for students. The School Site Council provides a means to improve communication and collaboration between the school and our community.
-Who may be members of School Site Council?
-What is the School Site Council?
The School Site Council is composed of members of our school community, with half of the group representing the professional school staff ( principal, four certificated staff and 1 classified staff member) and half representing parents of Santiago Hills students (6 parents). Members serve for a two year term.
-Who may attend School Site Council meetings?
All School Site Council meetings are open to the public and all members of our community are encouraged to attend. At every meeting, an opportunity to speak to a topic not on the agenda is offered to anyone who is interested in addressing the School Site Council.
-What are the major responsibilities of the Council?
The major responsibilities of this advisory forum include the following:
* Developing the Coordinated Summary of the School Improvement Plan
* Reviewing and approving the School Improvement Budget
* Monitoring and evaluating the overall effectiveness of the school program
* Participating in program quality reviews to affirm program strengths and identify areas for growth and improvement at Santiago Hills.
* Working with the Santiago Hills administration and staff to “provide the highest quality educational experience we can envision.”